HCG - Pregnyl 1500 (chorionic gonadotropin)
HCG is used to cause ovulation and to treat infertility in women, and to increase sperm count in men.
Active Substance Chorionic Gonadotropin
Profile Chorionic Gonadotropin
HCG - Pregnyl 1500 product description
HCG - Pregnyl general information
Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone that supports the normal development of an egg in a woman's ovary, and stimulates the release of the egg during ovulation.
HCG is used to cause ovulation and to treat infertility in women, and to increase sperm count in men. HCG is also used in young boys when their testicles have not dropped down into the scrotum normally. This can be caused by a pituitary gland disorder.
HCG may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
HCG - Pregnyl dosage and administration
For intramuscular use only. The dosage regimen employed in any particular case will depend upon the indication for the use, the age and weight of the patient, and the physician’s preference. The following regimens have been advocated by various authorities:
Prepubertal cryptorchidism not due to anatomical obstruction. Therapy is usually instituted in children between the ages of 4 and 9.
- 4,000 USP Units three times weekly for three weeks.
- 5,000 USP Units every second day for four injections.
- 15 injections for 500 to 1,000 USP Units over a period of six weeks.
- 500 USP Units three times weekly for four to six weeks. If this course of treatment is not successful, another series is begun one month later, giving 1,000 USP Units per injection.
Selected cases of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in males.
- 500 to 1,000 USP Units three times a week for three weeks, followed by the same dose twice a week for three weeks.
- 4,000 USP Units three times weekly for six to nine months, following which the dosage may be reduced to 2,000 USP Units three times weekly for an additional three months.
Induction of ovulation and pregnancy in the anovulatory, infertile woman in whom the cause of anovulation is secondary and not due to primary ovarian failure and who has been appropriately pretreated with human menotropins.
(See prescribing information for menotropins for dosage and administration for that drug product.)
5,000 to 10,000 USP Units one day following the last dose of menotropins. (A dosage of 10,000 USP Units is recommended in the labeling for menotropins.)
Directions for Reconstitution
Two-vial package: Withdraw sterile air from lyophilized vial and inject into diluent vial. Remove 1–10 mL from diluent and add to lyophilized vial; agitate gently until powder is completely dissolved in solution.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
IMPORTANT: USE COMPLETELY AFTER RECONSTITUTION. RECONSTITUTED SOLUTION IS STABLE FOR 60 DAYS WHEN REFRIGERATED.
HCG - Pregnyl side effects
Stop using HCG and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these signs of a blood clot: pain, warmth, redness, numbness, or tingling in your arm or leg; confusion, extreme dizziness, or severe headache.
Some women using this medicine have developed a condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), especially after the first treatment cycle. OHSS can be a life-threatening condition. Call your doctor right away if you have any of the following symptoms of OHSS:
- severe pelvic pain;
- swelling of the hands or legs;
- stomach pain and swelling;
- shortness of breath;
- weight gain;
- nausea or vomiting; or
- urinating less than normal.
This medication can cause early puberty in young boys. Call your doctor if a boy using this medicine shows early signs of puberty, such as a deepened voice, pubic hair growth, and increased acne or sweating.
Less serious side effects may include:
- feeling restless or irritable;
- mild swelling or water weight gain;
- breast tenderness or swelling; or
- pain, swelling, or irritation where the injection is given.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect.
Growth Hormone - Jintropin 4 IU
Package: 1 vial of 4 IU Original price: 33,00 USD Price: 31,68 USD
Tip of the Day
- Special OffersWhen buying large amount of products don't forget to check our Special Offers. You may save up to 25% of normal price.
Select company from drop down..